People around the world are suffering from disease, where the disease of kidney, Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) is a universal common health problem with unfavorable consequences of kidney failure and premature death. To overcome Kidney diseases, Rajkot based Senior Nephrologist started a mission to educate people in their native language through the free educational website. Dr. Sanjay Pandya – The Founder of Kidney Education Foundation.
Kidney Education Foundation is basically a health awareness organization devoted to educating the people about the growing danger and families affected by the kidney diseases.
It provides free and easily accessible information about prevention and care of kidney diseases through books and websites translated into 35 world languages.
Kidney education started in 2005 with the preparation of kidney book in the Gujarati language by DR Sanjay Pandya which was launched in 2006. After the burgeoning success of Gujarati book, the book was transcribed into Hindi in 2008 and other languages frequently.
In 2010, KidneyEducation website was originated with free entree to Hindi and Gujarati book. The integrity, usefulness, and success of these early books and websites inspired several nephrologists all over the world to join the mission. In a compass of 8 years, a dedicated team of more than 100 nephrologists at the Kidney Education Foundation has developed books and websites in 35 languages.
Our Chief Mentor
(Dr. Sanjay Pandya, MD, DNB – Nephrologist)
The website renders the facility to read and download 200 paged kidney guides in 23 International (English, Chinese, Spanish, Arabic, Hindi, Bengali, Portuguese, Russian, French, Japanese, Turkish, German, Italian, Persian, Serbian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Thai, Filipino, Swahili, Lao, Sinhala and Nepali) and 12 Indian (Marathi, Gujarati, Kannada, Malayalam, Punjabi, Sindhi, Tamil, Telugu, Assamese, Manipuri, Oriya and Kutchi) languages completely free.
Prof. Giuseppe Remuzzi, President of International Federation of Kidney Foundation Society of Nephrology prepared Italian kidney book and website.
Prof. Guillermo García-García, President of International Society of Nephrology prepared Spanish kidney book and website. Joining of International titans in this mission as language leaders indicate importance and utility of this mission to serve kidney patients.
Dr. Tushar Vacchrajani – the USA is offering his services as an international liaison officer.
The Theme of World Kidney Day 2018: Women and CKD
(Dr. Sanjay Pandya with Rajkot Deputy Mayor Dr. Darshitaben Shah)
• Chronic kidney disease (CKD) is a worldwide public health problem with adverse outcomes of kidney failure and premature death.
• CKD affects approximately 195 million women worldwide.
• CKD is currently the 8th leading cause of death in women, with close to 600,000 deaths each year.
• CKD is more likely to develop in women compared with men.
• Lupus nephropathy or kidney infection typically affects women more.
• CKD is a risk factor for adverse pregnancy outcome and reduced fertility.
• Women who have CKD are at increased risk for negative outcomes for the mother and the baby.
• Pregnancies in women with advanced CKD are most challenging with high rates of hypertensive disorders and preterm births.
• Preeclampsia, septic abortion (infection of the placenta) and major bleeding after giving birth are leading causes of acute kidney injury in young women and may herald future CKD in survivors.
To take an insight, check out KidneyEducation
• Kidney education website constitutes history, sets a world record for “eBook in the most number of languages in a website” finding a place in the prestigious Golden Book of World Records and Asia Book of Records.
• Availability of eBook: Download 200-paged kidney book for kidney patients in 23 International & 12 Indian languages completely FREE!!!
• KidneyEducation – 40 Million Hits in just 87 months!
• “KidneyEducation” First website in the world which offers kidney book through WhatsApp totally free @ +91-94269-33238
The foremost slogan of Kidney Education is to spread awareness and cure kidney disease. The Kidney Education Foundation does not have any sponsors or external aids and runs solely as a charitable mission.